C4 Forums | Control4

HTC and Channel Vision Pro p1420 av switcher

Hello we have a HTC and are using a p1420 audio/video matrix switcher

we are controlling it with the rs232. We do have some buggie issues

sometimes the HTC will not switch the switcher output as needed

we can force the HTC to switch correctly by reissueing the command again

example: video: dvd changer #1 (if it doesn't work then we do the same thing again, most of the time it will switch ok)

anyone have any ideas? We called tech support and they said it must be buggie and he will note it.

can I modify the serial code? (tech support said it could not be done)

can I switch to IR control? IR contrl via remote works perfectly.

Well tech support said we could not create or control this unit with ir.... We did and it works. I really wish control4 technical support was a little more helpful. His simple reply was sit-tite and I will forward the info to our technical team. That really doesn't work in the real world, when a cleint waits and you have techs onsite for hours on end. The tech didn't seem to even know what we was talking about, he had the wrong type of equipment, wrong driver, said the device in question was not an a/v switcher. I am not here to bash control4.

control4 should step up tech support a notch or two. they also said. with this switcher audio and video must be synced together. That's why the rs232 will not switch video correctly. absolutely wrong! I even confirmed this with channel vision.

We are a dealer for an upper end control system (I will not name the control system company)

Crestron has absolutely the best support in the industry. Also we bench every piece of equipment in the shop. If it does not work realiably on the work bench how can it in a cleint's home or business? We have installed the same control4 equipment brands/models and for some reason we may get some different quirkie results. It is true that some brands/models work very well with control4, some not so well.

Dealers out there?

How has your experience been with control4 tech support? please provide both positive and negative experiences.

Thanks

Archived