C4 Forums | Control4

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Beta IP Driver not working

I have an Onkyo TX-NR3009. There is a beta IP driver but it doesn't appear to work. Using the TX-NR3008 IP driver isn't working either. Still trying to figure out what's wrong. If there are any Onkyo jockeys reading this thread, any setup advise is appreciated. I have static IP, and port settings that match on the receiver and in Control4. Not sure what else is wrong, this should be stupid simple...

Even the certified TX-NR3008 IP drivers aren't working on my NR3009. I have latest firmware loaded on the Onkyo...

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have the 3007 and when I switched to the 3008, I was able to use the 3007 driver fine with the new model until the 3008 IP driver came out. I can't imagine Onkyo changed things in one model update so as to render the communication specs useless. That creates too much work for their engineers. It's simply too easy to move a dial and connection, and slap a new model number on it to keep the prices up year after year.

A few things to check: Can you ping the IP address of the receiver? If not, there's your problem. If yes, double check the IP and port settings in Composer and the Onkyo setup screen (I know you said you already did this, but sometimes it just takes another look to find something you may have missed).

If none of that works, then chalk it up to the driver being in beta. Just ask Apple about the Siri "beta" on that one....

Good luck!

Archived