C4 Forums | Control4

TV power status, channel setting

skyjack

I've setup the color buttons on C4 remote as power on/off button of my TV, but if I switch on/off the TV by these button, programs supposed to be activated by change of TV's power status become no response. Do I need to create variable to tell system change the power status when I use color buttons to switch on/off the TV?

C4 media service can't identify the TV and radio channels in my area, can I input the channels myself to make them be showed and selected through remote or touch panel?

How are you doing the power toggle? Are you manually sending an IR code, or is the programming to toggle the power on the TV? If the programming is toggling the power, I would think the programming would still fire if setup correctly.

Hi Dan, thanks for your reply. My TV has discrete power on/off IR code. So I assigned the Red button for power on and green for power off. they work fine. But if I use this way to switch off the TV, system seems can't recognize this action, the TV's POWER_STATE still TRUE. Same issue happen to my AV receiver as well.

So when I switched on the TV by selecting it in watch list then switch off it by the green button, if I select a media source such as BD player, system will only fire IR code to chnge input to HDMI. It won't fire the code to switch on the TV first as it still think the TV already switched on.

when you Create ir driver of TV you should select "use discrete Power ON/OFF codes" .

insted of Always ON.

That will not affect his problem.

Checked the drivers are using this option, but can't help....

now i can only use "room off" to reset all device to "false" state

'

Archived