C4 Forums | Control4

Reracking Complete - Racking for sale

Well, I finally got my re-racking done. Wasn't happy with what the original dealer (who's now out of business) did, so I redid it myself.

Ironically, I ended up with tons of extra cables, yet everything works (so far, still haven't had the "wife test" yet).

Put basically all the stuff in main rack and just the computer in the second rack (behind offset the first rack). Heat isn't a problem, monitoring it with a CA temp sensor and stays at about 75 degrees.

Noise is ok, might need to add some sound proofing to wall shared with theater.

From bottom to top...

-C4 16 channel amp

-Pioneer 1121k

-C4 1000v3

-Pioneer 1121k

-C4 300b

-Pioneer 1121k

-C4 200

-Xbox 360

-PS3

-SnapAV 4x4 HDMI Matrix

-PFsense firewall

-Vonage adapter, Cable modem

-Dell 2848 switch

-Directv hd-dvr #1

-Directv hd-dvr #2

-Slingbox, dune HD, Appletv v2

-Power control switches

-Power conditioner

2nd Rack

-APC UPS

-ReadyNas Pioneer Pro, Drobo

-Dell PC

-Keyboard

-LCD Monitor

Behind 1st rack and along wall

-5 POE inserters for Panny cameras

-1 POE inserter for 5" touchscreen

-GE Concord Security system

Still need to clean up wires, but looks 100% better then before.

I have two 26" racks that I took out and have for sale. Shipping them will be painful, but one is about 6 feet tall and the other is about 4' tall. If anyone is interested in buying them, let me know.

I also have another older rack that is also 4 feet tall 26" deep, that I was going to use, but decided later to go with the floor standing racks.

I can provide more details about the available racking if anyone wants it.

Just some long hdmi cables, 9pin serial, a couple ethernet punchdown 1u rackmount strips with cables already punched down...

Plus I got a closet full of odd and old / misc cables from decades of being a geek. :)

I see an xbox and a wii in your rack... and I have a rather innocent question. Like you, my gear is all in a closet far from my TV. How do you control your xbox and or your wii from another room? I haven't dug my wii or xbox out of the boxes since we moved...but I'm getting the itch.

No wii in the rack, an xbox 360 and ps3.

Both use IR for basic control (ps3 has an ir to bluetooth bridge)

Also, the rack is right outside my theater, where I use the xbox360 controller.

I have other xbox 360's that are directly attached to the tv and using ARC (audio return channel) from the tv to the central rack mounted receivers via HDMI 1.4 and that solves the range problem on the controllers.

Archived