C4 Forums | Control4

Card Access Garage Door Problem

Long time lurker, first time poster. Have learned a tremendous amount from this forum, thank you all so, so much.

On to my problem. Have had card access controllers for my garage door working perfectly for over a year. All the sudden, they do not work. Have power cycled everything but still no joy. Looks like the CA unit has a wireless transmitter (I see the antenna) but where is the receiver? I'm pretty up on my system but was not around when this equipment was installed.

I live in Arkansas and had a great dealer, but unfortunately the demand for C4 and home automation is just not there. Unfortunately dealer went out of business. So far the person my dealer left his customers with has not been that responsive. So I guess I'm looking for 2 pieces of information:

1) Thoughts on my current garage door problem.

2) A reliable dealer in the Memphis / Dallas area that could work with me.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome but why a lurker? We try to help each other by responding to issues. So, I will try to respond to yours. The Card Access device is not a "controller". It contains relays and a reed switch. It transponds with the Control4 controller.

You say "they" do not work anymore. How many? Same problem for all? Power to the warts OK? If power is OK, unplug and plug back in. What lights (colors) flash and what lights stay solid?

Appreciate your help--it got me thinking. Now, I feel like an idiot, but problem solved. 2 garage doors being controlled, 2 warts. 1 wart plugged into AC. That's the one I power cycled and assumed that both warts we powered by the same source (wire running from one to the other). That's what I get for assuming. There are 2 AA batteries in the other wart that I found yesterday. Replaced them and everything works just fine now. Sigh.

BTW, I mainly lurk because I'm still in grasshopper mode--and if I can't speak intelligently on any subject I prefer to stay quiet. Appreciate the help!

Thanks

Will

Archived