C4 Forums | Control4

Common Air conditioners SPLIT ( via IR )

I have a model that is not an HVAC system. It is the traditional air conditioners SPLIT. His control is possible via IR (remote control commands).

http://www.lg.com/ca_en/air-conditioners/residential/LG-inverter-LS182HPV.jsp

Is not Ductable

lg-air-conditioners-LS182HPV-front-large.png

The question is what kind of driver should I try to create. Thermostat?

IR paying attention only sends the signals to the non-return device (temperature), adjusting the temperature control is automatic through its internal Thermostat which is not liable integration.

example:

Init: Temperature - 20 º C (or 68 º F)

Send Command IR # 01 - Up one degree

Send Command IR # 02 - Up one degree

Send Command IR # 03 - Up one degree

Current Temperature: 23 º C (or 73.4 º F)

Mission:

a) Ask the driver to work like a thermostat showing the icon in the default option Comfort (Ascending and Descending degrees)

B) Even in a static way (because the device has internal thermostat keeps the temperature selected via IR) it behaves as a thermostat with all its features.

Has anyone tried to do something?

PS: I got the air conditioner works like a VCR (up and down the volume) up and down degrees. But I do want to take advantage of the interface temperature control.

Unless this is a model that is coolmaster compatible, as far as I know you are limited to IR control. In other words, replicate the original IR remote by learning it's commands. Then use some sort of IR blaster or an attached IR bud from an HC200/250 or something like a global cache with the EV driver. I gave up with this, and now just control basic on/off by switching the power relays.

Quite frankly integrating a split system Aircon via IR control is a PITA. It can be done, but it is very tedious and time consuming. Because (as you point out), the tstat is *within* the aircon unit itself, there can be no two way feedback from this to C4 (via IR)

It's on my "if I was to do it all again" list: see http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=10674

That is, next time, I will only instal a split system that is coolmaster compatible. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived