C4 Forums | Control4

C4 CCZ-T1-W Thermostats won't join project

I have been trying to join a C4 CCZ-T1-W Thermostat to an existing project.

Picked one up on line, and when trying to identify it in the Composer, it does not show up. Tried manually entering the MAC ID, just in case, but no success. Thought it might be a bad radio, or even it not being compatible with the 2.X version, so grabbed another thermostat from my other house that is properly running on v2.2, and the project doesn't see that one either.

I have dumped and reinstalled the driver in the project a couple of times and tried the 2 different units. No success.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to verify the Zigbee is transmitting? and is there a way to check the device to see if it's compatible with Zigbee Pro. (I know this model should be, since my original project was embernet and upgraded to zigbee pro without issue, so I know the second unit I tried as a swap out is definitely on v2.2, but that one won't ID either.

Every other device I have on the system is properly Identified and working; its just this thermostat that's kicking my butt.

Is there a way to reset the device to a factory default (a certain number and sequence of button pushes, similar to the dimmers, etc???

Can anyone suggest some ideas to rectify...

You need to have it leave the OLD mesh...have you done that yet?

Any 2.0+ zigbee device must be told to "forget" the secure network it was previously in, so that it can be identified in to a new project.

Now that you mention that, I recall reading about removing it from the old system;

How do you tell it to "forget" its old system?; I left my manuals back in NH...

Is it simple, or do I need to download my Composer manual again.

I cannot find instructions for removing the thermostat from its old mesh.

It is not obvious to find in the Composer User guide or in the Knowledge Base.

I guess I need to figure out how to ask the question in the search properly;

Does anyone know how to tell the thermostat to remove from the old project so I can add into a new one.

I've tried to query its Embernet channel, with no response so I have to assume it is on Zigbee Pro...

ILOVEC4... Thanks for the suggestion.

After much searching the Knowledge base, I figured how to ask the question the right way to get an answer.

It is Left button 13, Center button 4, Left button 13.

The device left the old and has succesfully joined the current project...

Thanks for the help. It jogged my head enought to go looking for the correct answer.

Archived