C4 Forums | Control4

Coming Soon Windows Keyboard and Mouse Control4 Media Player Driver

This was completed but never brought out of alpha testing. PC's are inherently bad media centers, and the "state" of pc's and their stability, etc. makes it almost impossible to serve all things to all people.

It is much easier, cheaper and better to use apps like Remote Mouse or install VNC and use Desktop on iOS or android.

Mouse and keyboard emulation using the limited proxy commands on a sr250 or flash screen is way too limiting and really hurts the user experience. Plus if an app crashes, Windows has no built in way to relaunch, or get focus... These all have to be dealt with and vary from app to app and OS to OS.

On top of it, the total interested is probably 10-15 people, and unless they are willing to pay $1000+ I will never recoop my development costs, let alone cover support costs.

I am willing to sell the code, but frankly, it isn't that hard to do, the two way feedback back to C4 is... I have no plans to implement that.

• 2 weeks later...

To Ryanjackson. I was on that thread before this one. Frodo and control via non-keyboard commands is broken for most heavy users. The 30/10-minute forward and back along with the back command are simply gone. It really is a Frodo/XBMC issue, but I was hoping there was a clean way to solve with existing hardware since I have both Linux and Windows boxes.

Anyway, I understand the economics of creating a product and agree with the assessment about this one. Thank you for answering. I am using IrDa signals to receivers on the XBMC HTPCs to create keyboard inputs now. Not great, but functional.

• 1 year later...

Hi!

If anyone is interested in making a driver to control HTPC Software (ie XBMC, Mediaportal, Mediabrowser) AND all other Windows software a driver for the program Intelliremote will do it ALL !!

That would be sooooo cooool!

Anyone!?

Hi!

If anyone is interested in making a driver to control HTPC Software (ie XBMC, Mediaportal, Mediabrowser) AND all other Windows software a driver for the program Intelliremote will do it ALL !!

That would be sooooo cooool!

Anyone!?

Dont revive a 1.5 year old post, make yourself a new post with a nice descriptive title, just saying :)

Archived