C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE remote programming

How do I find my IP address for my home network when I am out on the road and want to do remote programming using Composer HE? I have a 4sight subscription and when I log in I dont see my IP address to enter into the HE remote desktop connect.

Thanks in advance.

You open HE and use Remote Director. Add your account name (can be checked by logging into my.control4.com)

Once added, you can connect to that account name and it will prompt you for an authorized email/password (you can use your my.control4.com account and can validate under the Users tab)

The Controller/IP should at this point be populated automatically and available to select.

Make sure you have remote access enabled and 4 sight on my.control4.com

Sorry quick to the gun there. If you dont see the IP address pop up, then it usually means there is an issue and the controller is not online. It could be remote access is disabled. It could be a network/router issue. Try using web navigator. However, if you login and select Web Navigator and it says offline, then you need to troubleshoot your network connection.

Although sometimes when connecting to a clients system the IP address will not show up, usually when they dont have 4sight. The check in takes a while. You can ask your dealer when the last time your system checked in, which may be able to help you troubleshoot.

Archived