C4 Forums | Control4

HC 1000 and Director connecting then disconnecting on 10 second cycles

Something very odd has been happening to my C4 system over the last several days. I have Director on my HC1000, and I also have 4 HC 300 in the network - this system was installed about 4 years ago. Every now and then the system would "lock', and I would need to unplug the 1000 and 300's to reboot. Last week, the system locked, but after a reboot the 1000 and 300's would only stay connected (linked) for about 10 seconds. In that window, I was able to extract activity logs from Composer and also (with very nimble fingers) able to control my dvr's. Yesterday, the system locked (no link), I rebooted and the system remained "unlinked" - not even intermittent connections. I can't even access Director via Composer to view the activity - Composer cannot connect to the director on the ip. All IP's are static, and I can ping the 300's but not the 1000. The Ethernet cable on the 1000 (based on the blinking lights) indicates activity, but it will not ping and I cannot connect to the Director which is on the 1000.

My network tech claims it is a C4/zigbee issue, and my C4 dealer claims it is a network issue. I have several logs saved that tracked network and zigbee activity, and here are two of them. Perhaps someone can identify an issue and point me in the right direction (my C4 Dealer charges $130/hr and he seems clueless, so I can envision a $650 labor charge for his efforts. He also wants me to sign a 1 yr service agreement for $1000 that gets me 1 hour a month (use it or lose it) offsite service which he says would cover any remote C4 updates for firmware and drivers etc that C4 pushed for free.

Dell Power Connect Router 2824 Juniper SRX100 and a Brocade wifi system RSF4000

Everything is static on the C4 .99 and lower

The router hands out dynamic over .100 (I think some is dynamic, but most of it is static). We have checked for ip conflicts - nothing. The wifi and zigbee both use 2.4 ghz, so we had to make sure they were not on the same channels. That was done last year.

It seems like either the Juniper (or router) kicks the HC1000 off the system, or there is a script written in the Director/Zigbee coding that enables and disables the HC1000. Either way, we had a consistent 10 second cycle until yesterday when it just went totally dead. I am still able to ping the HC300's.

Does this line in the log mean anything:

home-controller-1000-001CC0DD1226 [23549]: Device Control 4(21):C4Sysman::AddSysmanCommand: Sending packet: "disable director#015#012"

Archived