C4 Forums | Control4

gui no longer appears on my televisions

Could someone give me alittle advice please, I had to unplug my system due to some construction work near my component rack. I moved the rack slightly, rebooted, did not unplug any component cables only cat 5.

When I press the 4, nothing happens. I have to go to WATCH, then DVR to watch the tv.

Also my media player, blueray and satellite components do not work.

I have rebooted several times. I can get the gui on one tv, however it when I select the device it doesn't switch to it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Validate your IR Connections to the Controller is secured and also the connections to the source device.

When you press a button for the device, do you see the IR bud flash? Do you only have this issue with IR based devices?

Possibly another reboot of the Controller will do the trick also.

Thanks, I have checked all of the ir buds and they are attached, when you say validate your ir connection to your the controller, does that mean a connection from the nav to the director via Ir? Or rs232? Could it be something with my video matrix switch? I have looked at composer to see where things are connected and they seam okay. I rebooted. When I select Watch on my sr250 and any other device other than DVD it doesn't switch video only sound.

Thanks again in advance for the advice.

Archived