C4 Forums | Control4

Request for information...

I would like to accomplish the following things and it would help me to know if you have specifics that will accomplish these tasks in Control 4.

1. I would like to intelligently lower or NOT lower solar shades. I would like to place a solar receiver on the windows or wall and indicate that if the brightness of the sun iis greater than "x" lower the solar shades at a specified time and then raise them - otherwise don't lower them.

2. I would like to use the local wind speed and the outside temperature and if possible local weather to be able to program things in Control 4. If you have model numbers for any of these interfaces it would help me greatly as I can refer them to my dealer for implementation.

3. I have two waterfalls and a hot tub - all three of these have water "feeds". I have auto fills on all of them. I would like a safety valve - what I want is to be able to turn the water on once a day for 15 minutes (or so) and let them fill back up and then shut off the water so that if there is a leak it cannot go too far. I have a FLO LOGIC on the house so it WILL shut off the water - but when I am gone if one of these sticks open and the house water shuts off I cannot turn on the FLO LOGIC remotely. Does anyone know of an in expensive water shut off valve that could be easily incorporated into the water line in these three places?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

1. this could be done with the original generation Control4 7" touch screens. They had a light sensor and you could set a threshold on a sliding scale of 0-100. At a specific time of day (Noon or every hour) you could check the sensor and lower the shades. Unfortunately, the infinity edge screens do not have this sensor. Option 2, very similar in programming but the Card Access Motion Sensor has a light sensor as well.

2. Sounds like you would need a Weatherhawk system in the 5000 series. From there you would need a Extra Vegetables Driver, and you would be able to accomplish your needs.

3. You could try an irrigation valve for lawn sprinklers. I believe they work at house pressures and use 24VAC and a relay to turn on and off. I think they are fail safe meaning a loss of power they are shut.

1. this could be done with the original generation Control4 7" touch screens. They had a light sensor and you could set a threshold on a sliding scale of 0-100. At a specific time of day (Noon or every hour) you could check the sensor and lower the shades. Unfortunately, the infinity edge screens do not have this sensor. Option 2, very similar in programming but the Card Access Motion Sensor has a light sensor as well.

2. Sounds like you would need a Weatherhawk system in the 5000 series. From there you would need a Extra Vegetables Driver, and you would be able to accomplish your needs.

3. You could try an irrigation valve for lawn sprinklers. I believe they work at house pressures and use 24VAC and a relay to turn on and off. I think they are fail safe meaning a loss of power they are shut.

Thanks Brett - I will let you know how it goes -

Bill

Archived