C4 Forums | Control4

Screen research control - contact/relay

Hey,

I wonder if anyone may be able able to give me some pointers...

I'm installing a Screen Research drop down screen which is connected to a Nice TT6 control box. I want to control the screen up/down using an HC300 but am unsure whether to use a Relay or contact or how best to wire them.

I could use the 12v Trigger from the AVR, but as said I want independent control from within composer.

I've included a diagram of the Nice controller's inputs.

Would be real grateful for any assistance.

First thing I'd do is check out how much voltage and current you'll be connecting to your relays and make sure the relays have higher voltage and current ratings so they don't get fried.

Contacts tell the controller when a connection has been made. Relays allow the controller to make a connection, so it'd be relays that tell the screen to move. When you tell relays to close, they'll either make a connection across wires that go to a button to mimic a press of that button or they'll make a connection that allows power into a trigger line.

I'm not too familiar with this application so not sure exactly how to make it work, more documentation could help.

The normally open contact on the relay output to pin 15 and the common on the relay output to pin 16 on the control. Then put a motorized screen driver in the project and bind it to the relay output on the hc300

Archived