C4 Forums | Control4

6 button keypad - can dealer add remotely, or is site visit required?

I installed a 6 button keypad, and my dealer added it to Control4 remotely. In Home Edition I can see it and program it. When I execute it from Home Edition all the buttons work great. But they don't work at the keypad.

My dealer said it was not communicating with the system, and to reboot the Control4 box, wait 20 minutes and it should start communicating with it.

None of that worked, and now the dealer is saying that the 6 button keypads are not set up like a light switch to be added remotely, and they have to come out to my house to add it (and thus a trip charge).

Is this accurate, or does my dealer maybe not have the correct training?

Thanks

Dave

It still needs to be identified to the HTC/MC/HC. Basically the dealer needs to log into your system via Composer Pro (Composer home Edition does not have the ability to add new devices), find the device he added, tell you MTC/MC/HC to identify the new device and press the #1 button on the newly added device 4 times. This is how new devices are added and identified by the controller. Basically the new device needs to send its ZigBee MAC address to the controller so the controller can talk to it.

Alan

Thanks

He did add it in comp pro remotely (dialed into my system)...but was not on site to hit the top button 4 times to send the address.

I'll try that tonight (hitting the top button 4 times), but it sounds like for a 6 button keypad the dealer actually does need to drive out to add it, or if doing it remotely have you on the phone at the same time so you can hit the top button 4 times. Is that correct?

Thanks

Dave

Dave

You are correct. The identify sequence is

0. Install the new switch

1. Add the new switch via Composer Pro

2. Select the new switch in Composer Pro and put it into "Identify Mode"

3. Go to the switch and hit the button 4 times

4. Verify that the ZigBee address was received by the controller (Composer Pro will display the address)

Alan

Archived