C4 Forums | Control4

Multiple TV Sources

Hi everyone;

I am consulting on a home automation project, and we are nearing completion. The system we chose is the Elan G! system (yes, I know I'm on a Control4 Forum - bear with me)

The house has about 10 TVs, and 5 TV sources (Motorolla DCX3400 cable boxes). Any TV can connect to any of the 5 sources.

We were trying it out the other day and we realized that if someone is watching TV on source 1, and then someone in another room starts watching on Source 1 as well, but then decides to change the channel - it changes for the first user as well! The reason we set it up with 5 TV input sources is that we wanted everyone to be able to watch what they want. The Elan installer is telling us too bad, that's how it is. But, I think there should be a way for the system to not let anyone else change the channel if the first user has already powered on. Any thoughts?

Does Control4 have the same issue?

thanks,

Jonathan

One option that's been discussed before is to make the cable boxes turn on to a default channel. When a user turns on a input and the box isn't on the default channel they know it's being used by another user and can select a different input.

Archived