C4 Forums | Control4

Help with a strange problem, any thoughts?

Having somewhat of an intermittent problem that I hope the collective wisdom of this group can help me with.

A couple weeks ago, I upgraded to 2.2.2. Since then have been having some “gremlins” in my system. Nothing major, but here is what I’ve noticed:

1) Watching TV, the source is listed on the remote (SR-250) like it always has been. Out of the blue, the source disappears, but TV remains on. However, I can’t change volume, channel, etc. This happens on all remotes in the house, but I have not yet determined if it happens to all of them at the same time.

2) My system is set up to send me a text whenever the house alarm is armed or disarmed. At random times, I’m getting the “disarmed” message when the alarm has not been touched for hours. I am getting the messages properly when the alarm is armed or disarmed as well.

3) I can’t be sure yet (am still watching things) but I’m leaning towards whenever I’m getting the phantom text announcement, the source issue listed above is also occurring.

I’m at a loss. Any thoughts, suggestions or something else to look for would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

It sounds to me like your system is restarting.

If you can, add a text message in the project programming for 'When Project Loads', after a minute or two delay.

This should let you know if Director is restarting, which would happen on a reboot or on some error (driver hanging, etc.).

If you do get the text message that it is restarting, it's unfortunately a bit of trial and error to figure out what is causing it to restart (maybe a faulty 3rd-party driver, etc.)

Sorry you're having issues.

RyanE

Archived