C4 Forums | Control4

Security Spy and GE Security System

rwupson

I had the control 4 gents come up and install a few yale locks today a GE Security system and SecuritySpy Extra Vegetables driver. With this all in mind, what I would like to do is, make the SecuritySpy camera active when the system is armed(for motion detection) and passive when the system is disarmed.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

Rob

I had the control 4 gents come up and install a few yale locks today a GE Security system and SecuritySpy Extra Vegetables driver. With this all in mind, what I would like to do is, make the SecuritySpy camera active when the system is armed(for motion detection) and passive when the system is disarmed.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Yeh I'd like to know how to do this as well. I'm not sure it can be done at the moment.

So I leave the cameras on active all the time with motion detection recording to a daily movie. This then gets back'd up off site to an FTP server...

Ok some research on SecuritySpy website you can download a script show below - now all I need to do is come up with an "if'" statement - something like "if security system is armed run script". Any help with this conditional if statement would be welcome!!! :)

Couple options:

Option one:

Camera Settings Change

The camera settings can be set via SecuritySpy's built-in web server, and so to set the settings from AppleScript, simple scripts can be written that post data to the web server. The example below turn motion detection off and on for camera 0.

In this way, you can have a quick script that changes some key settings for a camera - and if required, this can be scheduled on a regular basis using CronniX. If you have enable password protection for your SecuritySpy web server, you will have to enter the username and password in the "PathToServer" URL. The IP address "127.0.0.1" used in the above script universally refers to "this computer", so should work in all circumstances, no matter what your actual computer's IP address is. Many settings are available, here are a few of the most useful ones:

camEnabledCheck 0 or 1 Disables or enables a camera

mdCheck 0 or 1 Turns motion detection off or on

mdSensitivityText 0-100 The motion detection sensitivity

mdSoundTriggerText 0 or 1 Whether sound triggers motion detection

tlCaptureMovieCheck 0 or 1 Whether this camera captures timelapse movies

playSoundCheck 0 or 1 Whether this camera plays a sound on motion detection

runScriptCheck 0 or 1 Whether this camera runs a script on motion detection

sendEmailCheck 0 or 1 Whether this camera sends an email on motion detection

http://www.bensoftware.com/securityspy/applescript/camerasettings.zip

Option two:

Triggering Motion-Detected Recording

This script simulates motion on camera 0. This could be useful to trigger a recording based on an external sensor such as a switch, infra-red sensor or doorbell.

Enabling and disabling a camera, and setting camera settings

This script enables camera 0. To instead disable camera 0, change the "camEnabledCheck=1" parameter to "camEnabledCheck=0". This uses the camera settings HTTP request in SecuritySpy, so SecuritySpy's web server must be enabled. Make sure to modify the "formURL" address with the correct IP address and port of your SecuritySpy web server. If you have enabled authentication you can additionally add this to the url as follows:

http://username:password@<ip-address>:<port>/++camerasetup

All camera settings can be set in this way - to see the parameter names, have a look at the source code for the ++camerasetup HTML page available through the web server.

Note: SecuritySpy 2.0.10 or later is requred for this to work properly.

Download the “Enabling and disabling” AppleScript file.

Archived