C4 Forums | Control4

Zektor Clarity Audio 8x8 matrix switch

thecodeman

This is a killer switch! Relatives of mine bought this before moving to Texas and now they can't use it as the house they ended up with wasn't centrally pre-wired. I can't use it at my house, otherwise I would! My favorite features are the optical inputs that convert to digital coax and stereo, the digital coax that can be output as digital coax (8 outputs spdif btw) and digital stereo - getting rid of those funky adapters. It has great smooth volume ramping for use with "dummy" amps. Lip sync delay to keep you video and audio together, per source or zone. Great EQ bands. Control4 control is either IP or RS232. They paid $1,699 plus tax and are willing to let it go for $1,399 shipped to your door in the CONUS. It has been un-boxed but was never used. I'll try to get a picture up this week time permitting of the actual unit, but here's what the 16x16 looks like:

page_zektor_clarity_audio_16x16.jpg

AUDIO

Volume, Balance, Bass, Treble and 5 Band Equalizer control of analog AND digital audio.

Volume range: +24dB to -99.5dB, and full mute (-115dB), with 0.5dB step resolution.

Master volume to control all zones simultaneously (+24dB to -99.5dB), and full mute.

Tone / EQ ranges: +20dB to -20dB, with 0.5dB step resolution.

Gain settings (+/-24dB) for each input, separate gains available for digital and analog.

Zone settings (+/-24dB) for each zone.

Lip sync delay from 0 to 170ms, per zone and/or per input.

Audio format conversion: Analog audio is automatically converted to digital audio, digital audio is automatically converted to analog audio.

Both analog and digital audio is available simultaneously on the outputs.

8 coax digital inputs and 8 optical digital inputs w/auto conversion to coax, and analog audio, for easy integration with cable boxes.

CONTROL

TCP/IP, Bi-directional RS-232 and RS-422, Front panel IR sensor, Rear panel IR jack.

TCP/IP and RS-232 / RS-422 share the same protocol. Protocol allows for polled or push update modes. Polled or push update modes are settable on a command by command basis.

Control4 SDDP ready

Over 350 discrete IR codes!

Specs:

ANALOG AUDIO

Freq. Response: 5Hz-20KHz @ +/-0.1dB

S.N. Ratio: > 85dB, 5Hz-20KHz unweighted

Input impedance: 10K ohms:

DIGITAL AUDIO

S/PDIF Inputs: 8 Coax, 8 Optical (w/ auto conversion)

S/PDIF Outputs: 8 Coax

Transfer Rates: 13.2Mb/S

Audio Modes: PCM,DD5.1,DTS,All modes

Coax Input Levels: 200mV-7.0V (PC card compatible)

Coax Output Level: 500mV nominal into 75 ohms

CONTROL

IR Sensor: Modulation Frequency: 34KHz-42KHz

IR Jack: 3V-15V any polarity, mod. or un-mod

(IR jack is opto-isolated)

Serial Port: 19200 or 9600 8N1, USB Cable

Compatible

K.I.S.S.™, Upgradable Firmware

TCP/IP: Full Duplex 10Mbps

K.I.S.S.™, Raw TCP/IP Socket

Control4 SDDP ready

POWER

Power Req.: 32 Watts

Mains Voltage: 100V-240V, 50Hz-60Hz, auto-sensing

Power Supply: Standard 3 prong IEC C14 connector

Dimensions: 17"W x 9.75"D x 3.375"H (feet add 0.25")

MECHANICAL

2U

17" rackmount chassis

Integrated rack ears

WARRANTY

3 YEAR ADVANCED SHIPMENT

Archived