C4 Forums | Control4

Problem with Dune HD Player + C4 Movies Database + EV Driver

Hi. I have a Dune Player connected to two NAS drives on my network. I am using the C4 Movies database and the EV driver for the Dune Player to manage & play my movie collection on any one of four TVs in my house.

This setup has been working flawlessly for several months, but I have recently encountered a new problem that I do not know how to solve.

When I make my first attempt at loading a movie (C4 Watch icon-> Movies -> [Movie Title]) the movie always fails to load. I see the Dune player screen briefly and then the screen goes black (Dune Player firmware 121018_0846) or returns to the C4 Movies list (Dune Player firmware - 120815_2150). A second, third, or any subsequent attempt at playing a movie (same or different one) always plays fine. It's only the first attempt that fails.

I have the latest EV Dune Player driver (7.0.1) installed.

It's almost as if either the Dune Player itself or the connection to the NAS drives is falling asleep when not in use for a while and requires a second attempt at playing a movie to wake it up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

jim

Hi, Bruno.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I checked and sleep in disabled on the NAS drives.

After experimenting for several days with no luck with rolling back the Dune driver to earlier versions, I finally cold-booted the Dune Player and that resolved the issue completely.

jim

Archived