C4 Forums | Control4

Latest And Greatest Source Question

rf5000

Guys,

I have a new system be installed and wanted to get opinions and the latest and greatest options for source audio. My plan, to start, was to have two sources, Rhapsody and my NAS server. That way I could upload all of my current CDs to the NAS andutilize Rhapsody for everything else. Is Rhapsody still the best choice? Or are there better options out there now that work seemlessly with C4? And on a side note, if I upload CDs to the NAS, is there a way to get the cover album art to display on the TS for each cd when I browse through them?

recently posted this,

i made the decision to go with NAS->controllers for mp3s, and sonos for everything else, i will also likely add a bluetooth receiver in there at some point, i have xbmc setup for movies and i can airplay through that, but i dont usually do that as it requires the tv to be on.

Jon

my dealer told me that your way was the best way to integrate music audio source for the cheapest price.

recently posted this,

i made the decision to go with NAS->controllers for mp3s, and sonos for everything else, i will also likely add a bluetooth receiver in there at some point, i have xbmc setup for movies and i can airplay through that, but i dont usually do that as it requires the tv to be on.

Jon

well to provide detail, i have 2 hc300's in the rack, so i have audio 1/2 on both of those going into my matrix, that gives me 4 options for mp3 players, additionally i have 1 sonos zone player. this is definitely enough for me to cover my house (only 3 people including me living here) the only disconnect is i'd like a way to stream iheartradio and some basic phone apps, i have some aux jacks around the house but i wanted bluetooth so i'll probably buy a receiver for the matrix at some point.

Jon

Archived