C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat question

rf5000

Guys,

I have a C4 thermostat in my garage for my garage heater. This heater is a gas heater. There are only two wires running to thermostat. One for Red and one white. My C4 thermo works perfect but battery drains and is dead within two days. The thermo doesn't seem to get power on its own without battery. Help?

Guys,

I have a C4 thermostat in my garage for my garage heater. This heater is a gas heater. There are only two wires running to thermostat. One for Red and one white. My C4 thermo works perfect but battery drains and is dead within two days. The thermo doesn't seem to get power on its own without battery. Help?

If you can get a new wire from the furnace control board - and the board has a common on it - then run a min of 3 conductor tstat wire for the control board to the tstat. Red to RH, white to W1, and the third wire from the common on the furnace control board to TC on the tstat.

The common will enable the stat to get power from the control board. As the previous poster said, the other alternative is to wire up an external 24v power supply.

When working with the tstat be sure and check the switched on the back. If you make changes to them power cycle the tstat before testing - your best bet is to just remove the battery altogether while you're testing. When you've got it right the tstat will stay powered on without a battery.

Archived