C4 Forums | Control4

Help with muting audio when source changes

Here is the set up in our master bedroom. A Samsung TV on the wall and a Apple TV II directly into the HDMI input on the TV controlled via IR. Other video and audio sources are controlled by a Sony video matrix switch and Control4 audio matrix switch in basement into the TV's Component Input via a Sony Balun. So when my wife has Cable Box 1 as the video source the sound is played over speakers in the ceiling. Of course when she switches to the Apple TV the audio source from the cable box continues to play over the speakers in the ceiling and the audio from the Apple TV plays over the TV's speakers. I tried via programing to correct this but it doesn't work. Just trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

In Programming:

Master Bedroom

Room Level When video source changes

If video source is Apple TV

Set Current Room Volume to 0

Didn't work

Master Bedroom

If Apple TV is on

Set Current Room Volume to 0

Didn't work

Master Bedroom

If video source is Apple TV or If Apple TV is on

Disconnect Amp output 7 (thats the master bedroom)

Didn't work

I am not very good with variables so if it has to be done that way please be specific. Thank you.

• 1 year later...

you can do better, run audio signal from TV audio output to C4 amp. In that case you will use you ceiling speakers in any case, Aplle TV, Smatr TV, anything.

Audio signal you can run over cat-5 with balun or pair of RCA, even if you have 1 cat-5 and use it for internet you can split it for audio and internet.

Archived