C4 Forums | Control4

iPad App - No Room Off?

Just realized that there is no Room Off button, like on an SR250 remote! Was upstairs in bed, heard noise from theater like the tv was on. Lunched my trusty ipad C4 app and sure enough, tv was on, lights were on. But I had to get up and go down there to shut it all off! What am I missing?

Also noticed that there is no Red4, you know, the home button on an SR250 that takes the on screen navigator to the main home screen.

The ipad app is missing some basics. Or, I'm missing some basics, lol...

Room Off on the navigators is handled through the Zones page, unless you're in the room that needs to be shut off.

Of course, I'm not an iPad person, so I could be wrong on that, but on the Android app, there's a button that'll take you to the zones page, where you can see all the active zones, and turn off whichever one you want. Same with MyHomePC and Control4 Navigators.

As far as the '4' button, you can't use one UI to drive another UI. i.e. you can't really use a touchpanel to drive the on-screen UI. It makes little to no sense, since if you have a UI in your hands, you would just use that to select things, not the On-screen. Because of that, there's no '4' button.

RyanE

Archived