C4 Forums | Control4

Lutron Repeater keeps dropping

I am assuing this is a network issue, but ever since we upgraded the Lutron main repeater driver, the connection between it and the controller keeps dropping (overnight). I have set the polling fequency all the way down to 15 seconds and the same problem persists. Any suggestions?

Texas, it seen i solved my problem...after trying a lot of things i discover that its a control4 driver bug. After you add your main repeater driver and all lights everything works fine, but somehow after sometime if you want to add any new device, everything stops working for sometime.

My dealer added my project again and i upgrade my lutron main repeater firmware and boot with the latest essential software. from friday till today everything is working

I did my update and i thought that my problem was solved. Today i received 2 new switchers and i added to my radiora2 system then i did all activation. After that i saw at composer taht my main repeater kept disconectin from control4. What i did was to put again the same ip and conect again then everything worked again. What i couldnt put to work is to assign some programming for any keypad or switcher to work as a control4 switcher so i can activate any programming

Is your controller connected to Radio ra2 through the internet or through a serial cable? I have asked my dealer to change it so that we connect through a serial cable. maybe that will work better? I contacted Houselogix who contacted Lutron. They think the problem is something is dropping the connection in the network. They suggested connecting main repeater directly to the controller.

We switched the binding in the system to connect through a serial cable - now all the lights work but the keypads and visor control unit stopped working. I am going to switch to the older drivers that were working. Will update after that. What a disaster.

Texas, my repeater keeps dropping conecntions everytime... its a driver problem

to solve i need to put agin my main repeater ip address...

i dont know if i use serial conection it will be easier!!!

As far as i know serial conection uses same driver from houselogix

My installer is coming this week to switch us back to the older drivers - if he can find them. I agree that it is probably a problem with the driver. It has to be. My system worked perfectly till I upgraded to the newer houselogix drivers.

So we connected the main repeater to the Control4 control though the serial cable, have upgraded all the drivers to the ones that Lutron sent us. The lights work fine but the keypads and visor control unit are not integated and I cannot program the buttons to do commands that I program through composer. There has to be something wrong with the drivers. The system was working great with the old drivers and I made the mistake of upgrading the drivers so that I could integrate the lutron motion sensors. What a mess. The only thing is that once we connected with serial cable, the main repeater is not dropping.

I don't know if only both of us are having this same problem. But i think it`s a driver issue. After my upgrade from time to time i have my connection lost to my main repeater, and we have to disconnect then connect my main repeater again. My dealer told me that he doesn`t know what to do, unless doing that connection again.

I dunno if someone sent an email to houselogix to submit any feedback about this problem!!!!

I have been in touch with Houselogix. They reinstalled drivers and the system still dropped every day. We now switched to serial cable and everything works (except for a few motion sensors and one of my keypads). I am going see if they can reinstall the ones that are not working. They are sure it is a network problem and are trying to see if there is a solution. I sent them the info for my gateway, switches etc and am waiting to hear back.

I have a router (in DHCP mode) connected to a Cisco router (working as a gateway but also in DCHP) mode connected to a switch. Both lutron and Houselogix are convinced itinis because I have a router connected to a router. My dealer is coming to fix network tomorrow. The recommendation from lutron is to assign a IP address outside the DHCP range so the router doesn't try to force a change in the address which might result in a drop in the connection.Houselogix says they have hundreds of systems running the drivers without any issues.

So it turns out that the ATT router that I have (Uverse) cannot be programmed into bridge mode and I don't want to downgrade to regular DSL because the speed is slower. My dealer changed the IP address of the Lutron repeater to be outside the DHCP range and installed the older drivers that are in the control4 database (they are "control4 certified"). The dimmers, switches and keypads are working great and the only thing not integrated is the motion sensors. It turns out the latest drivers are not certified by Control4. I can do some programming for the sensors through Radio RA2 software so I am not going to worry about them for now. Maybe there is something wrong with the latest drivers.

Texas, my main repeater is connect directly at my router, i also have a 24 port gigabyte switch connected at my router. My main repeater ip number is also autside my dhcp range...

Yesterday for example was funny.. i turned off one group of lights trough my sr-250 and after some minutes they turned on again!!!!!

I didn`t know why was just happening with that group of lights. Then i tried to turn of with my ipad and everything went normal!!!!!

Very Weird!!!! Never happened before!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Your dealer can try connecting the repeater to the controller through a serial cable. That might fix it initially for me but my motion sensors didn't work with that. My network was set up wrong and once it was set up correctly it worked through IP. You should have the IP address set as a static IP outside the DHCP range. That is what lutron recommends. The system now works for me including the keypads. The motion sensors are pretty finicky and I am going to try to change those out when I can afford the card access ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived