C4 Forums | Control4

Working Remotely with Godzilla!

Just wanted to share an integrator story. I've been working with "Godzilla" on some hardware integration and training items lately. Godzilla is aka Mike Buckmann of Comet Electric in Florida. He offered to assist me after I posted numerous frustrations with previous dealers on these forums. It's been a great and easy experience. You can tell how enthused he is about Control4, and he also has a lot of knowledge about Home Automation in general. He's been great about answering questions and advising on solutions.

Recently he's been giving me lessons on programming in Composer HE. I've had it for about 9 months now and haven't done much with it as it is quite intimidating at first glance. We started with Lighting Scenes and have worked our way through Announcements and some nifty TuneIn radio programming. By the end of my latest session, I was setting Timers for my garage doors and creating Variables. He made it very easy. We used some remote desktop software so he could do a lesson once, and then observe me doing it. Worked really well.

One of the things I've noticed with a few C4 dealers is that they play the programmer capabilities of the home user down. I can understand that because Composer HE is beguiling at first. I can also understand that many users of C4 just want their programming done by someone else and be done with it. I am not quite like that. My first ideas typically are pretty bad ones. I want to automate a whole bunch of stuff that will drive my wife crazy. So, I pay to have it programmed, only to pay another dealer to take it out. That is a violation of my DIY attitude. So, having Mike open the veil on what can be done in an easy to understand way has been quite enlightening to me. Up until last night I thought only Dealers could program dimmer and switch buttons. I've waited for months to have a lot of this programming done because it would break my budget.

Hey!...thanks alot!!...u picked it up very quickly.

Glad to see your having fun and enjoying your system!!

I'm also glad we were able to resolve your problems on issues that you were told couldn't be done. (mind boggling)

......Enjoy!

Great post! I like the DIY approach when possible as well! I am a quadriplegic and have to utilize my Control4 system more than most user's for obvious reason's! I would definitely be interested in knowing and learning what I can and can not do exactly with the Composer HE! I am going to be upgrading my system with a new HC-250 and other devices as soon as possible so I would appreciate some training and programming done myself since I want to purchase the Composer HE with the new C4 devices as well!

Archived