C4 Forums | Control4

Need C4 name and address in Composer software

ksilvers

I have a Control 4 unit Model AVM-MC1-B using Composer 1.7.4 software. I had a serious computer crash and now the software can't see the unit. The software is asking for a name and address in the local director. Worked great before the crash ... can any help? I am running Windows 7

Thanks Ken

Ken –

Composer will only prompt you for a “name” and “address” if you hit the add button. If director and your PC are located on the same network, typically your primary controller will automatically populate in the director listing. If you know the ip address, you can manually insert that into the “address” field to see if you are able to connect. Most of the time if it doesn’t populate, the manual entry does not work.

To me, it sounds like the “crash” you speak of is severe enough that the controller is in a bad state. I would check the actual unit and verify you have an ip address and it looks like it's booted normally. The MC has a LCD screen which will show you additional information. You can also navigate on the front of the unit, if booted properly, to locate the ip address.

Hopefully this helps.

Matt

Archived