C4 Forums | Control4

Media Controller & Cover Art

cbstive

Somewhat frustrated with an issue I have. I have done almost everything except reset the MC. But I can't seem to get cover art from my music to display on my MTS and remotes, what is odd is the Movie cover art does show????

Any ideas??

TIA

Somewhat frustrated with an issue I have. I have done almost everything except reset the MC. But I can't seem to get cover art from my music to display on my MTS and remotes, what is odd is the Movie cover art does show????

Any ideas??

TIA

Humm I did not think you could show coverart on the remotes. ?

Can this be done with C4 remotes?

Scott

Where is the music coverart stored? On the MC? Ipod? External HD?

When you load ComposerME can you see the media when you click the MEDIA tab of where you have the music stored?

I have all mine on the MC and an Ipod. Works great!!! But I am thinking you dont have coverart where the music is stored........?

There must be coverart loaded in the MC when you rip a CD or when you sync your Ipod you must have the " coverart " loaded into Itunes, so when you sync your Ipod with Itunes it is in the Ipod.

Then when you scan the ipod for music with the MC, it will load all the coverart.

Scott

ok. Update.

I downloaded the .318 update and now I can see the cover art on the MC but still none on the MTS's.

I do have dynamic addressing. They are connecting to the MC. Would changing to Static addressing work.

Seem as if they are connecting that should be enough.

ok. Update.

I downloaded the .318 update and now I can see the cover art on the MC but still none on the MTS's.

I do have dynamic addressing. They are connecting to the MC. Would changing to Static addressing work.

Seem as if they are connecting that should be enough.

Double check that the MTS' have the correct subnet mask and default gateway. I would recommend static addressing on all devices.

Alan,

I see your in Peoria, I am in your back yard in Germantown Hills.

I changed the MTS's to static and it still didn show.

I then changed the MC from DHCP to Static Routing finally getting the Cover Art showing on the MTS's.

Ironically now I cannot seem to get the MC to connect to the internet now. I have checked with Linksys and have the IP addresses out of the range of the DHCP range, the Subnet and gateways are also correct.

When I go to rip a CD to the MC it gives me an error. LOL.

Now I can display cover art but cannot go out and get it.

Alan,

I see your in Peoria, I am in your back yard in Germantown Hills.

I changed the MTS's to static and it still didn show.

I then changed the MC from DHCP to Static Routing finally getting the Cover Art showing on the MTS's.

Ironically now I cannot seem to get the MC to connect to the internet now. I have checked with Linksys and have the IP addresses out of the range of the DHCP range, the Subnet and gateways are also correct.

When I go to rip a CD to the MC it gives me an error. LOL.

Now I can display cover art but cannot go out and get it.

when using static IPs you should change the dns on the mc to the routers ip address (192.168.0.1 or whatever)... or if you know your isp's 2 dns servers then you might as well just use that. (get from the router "status" page

i had to do this... i use static ips for all my c4 devices... it just works better and after big updates there are no headaches.

also make sure they are on the same subnet mask as mentioned earlier.

Well I have everything set up static. Two MTS's and the MC.

The DNS addresses somehow were gone from when I had thought I hadput them in before in the system manager.

Now I am getting the MC out to the internet. But now I am back to square on with the MTS not showing cover art.

It is connected to the MC but no cover art.

Continuing to try different configs

• 5 months later...

marcomp,

Are your iTunes library items in .mp3 format? If not, the Control4 controller can't use them. The Control4 system currently plays *mp3's*, not AAC, and especially not protected AAC's like you purchase from the ITMS.

No product that I know of outside of an iPod can decode protected AAC's.

RyanE

Archived