C4 Forums | Control4

Problem with C4 showing that Lutron loads are still on.

I have Lutron RadioRa 2 switches, keypads, and a main repeater in my home. The main repeater is connected to my HC800 via serial (IP was also used for a bit to try and troubleshoot this problem but was unsuccessful). There are also some advanced lighting scenes setup in C4 to show if a scene is active. The C4 lighting scenes are just exact duplicates of the Lutron scenes that are programmed on the main repeater and keypads. The C4 scenes were setup to show what Lutron loads were on when you were in a C4 interface.

When I use my Lutron keypads to turn the Lutron scenes on, everything works great. C4 shows a blue light on the C4 app (Andoid, Apple, and Windows PC) next to the C4 scene that is currently on. When I use the Lutron keypad to trigger an all off scene, C4 doesn't consistently recognize that all of the loads in the scene were actually powered off. Sometimes it’s one load, sometimes more than one, but it’s always different loads that C4 shows are still on, even though they are off.

The only workaround I’ve found is that if all the loads are powered off through a C4 lighting scene or through C4 programming, then all the loads show up correctly that they are powered off. The major problem with that is the popcorn effect that you get when trying to power off all the loads simultaneously.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem with C4 showing that random loads are still “on” after C4 has powered off all the loads in a scene? Was there any way to fix it?

Archived