C4 Forums | Control4

garage doors...

punkrock

ok so i understand the concept 100% of using the contact relay extender and a garage door (i have 2 doors) I have sentrol 2315 senors and they work fine. My question is has anyone thought of a kewl way to not have 4 icons on the screen? 2 are for the sensor, and 2 are the toggle buttons. in other words is there a way to combine these into one? The button would also show the door open/closed. or the sensor would be a button as well. any thoughts?

i'm sure this question has been asked before, i just could not find it.

Currently there is not a way to do that on the existing interface.

I'd recommend that you use the Relay for 'doorbell' instead of 'Garage Door', then it'll show a button instead of a door, and is less confusing. They see the door for the Garage Door sensor, and see the doorbell button to 'press the door button'.

RyanE

Currently there is not a way to do that on the existing interface.

I'd recommend that you use the Relay for 'doorbell' instead of 'Garage Door', then it'll show a button instead of a door, and is less confusing. They see the door for the Garage Door sensor, and see the doorbell button to 'press the door button'.

RyanE

thats what i was planning on doing... too bad we cannot move or hide buttons in the layout. even if we could have an easy tool to change the .png icons... hopefully this will be in a future release.

thanks

Archived