C4 Forums | Control4

Alternative MiCasa Vera Z-Wave Driver

phileaton

Hi Everyone, 

I am new to C4 Forums and somewhat new to Control4. However, I have programming experience and have been using other home automation systems for a while. As a results, I have a lot of z-wave devices. I wrote a driver that allows me to control my Z-wave binary switches and dimmers via a MiCasa Vera Verde. I know Extra Vegetables sells a driver that can control other devices as well, but is priced out of my budget, which I suspect is the case for many people. If there is enough interest, I may consider opening the driver up for beta testing and possibly offering it for sale. I mainly wanted to gauge interest and get feedback at this point. If it looks like this may be a worthwhile endeavor I will try to get it ready for a beta in the next couple weeks. I am particularly interested in what people think would be a reasonable price for such a driver, features that would be desirable and which other z-wave devices would be most useful after I polish up support for dimmers and binary switches. Any feedback is appreciated.

Interesting.

I´m considering buying the EV-driver and a Vera light to get more of my homes lighting integrated to C4. The Products I´m looking in to integrate is mostly from Fibaro. But thats not just lights, but also smokedetectors, ir-detectors and door-sensors.

But I find it pretty hard to find someone with experience to integrate z-wave to C4. (See this post: http://www.c4forums.com/topic/12992-220v-dimmer-options/?p=114793)

Today I´m using NEXA for my all-house lights, and C4 just for my HT. But Nexa is crap compared to C4, so thats why I´m looking in to z-wave. Maybe its a better way to go, without to go broke.

Archived