C4 Forums | Control4

Wirepath DVR not storing enough

shareez

Hey guys,

I have a 16 ch wirepath DVR and i wanted to pull footage about 5 days old and to my surprise, i couldnt! The earliest footage I had was from 3 days ago. I looked at the hard drive and its only 56% full. I was confused because arent DVRs supposed to fill up their hard drive and then start writing over old files? I looked through all the settings and it looks like my dealer set it up to record by alarm (i think thats motion?) instead of continuous recording. Theoretically, that should allow me to go back even further....

Does anyone know whats going on?

I don't think it's setup properly if you only have 3 days worth of recordings but login and look at the settings to be sure.  You can also change the record resolution to 'Half D1' to double the record time.  Also, the privacy mask should be setup for trees, etc. that might cause it to record when you don't want it to. 

It's easy to upgrade the hard drive if you want and you won't lose any of the existing settings. You need to get a 7200 RPM hard drive that's capable of running all the time, like something for a NAS or DVR.  I think it will take anything below 4TB.  Have a monitor and mouse plugged in and when you turn it back on and it will ask if you want to format the hard drive, select OK.  It will only take a few minutes to complete.

The columns 'Alarm' and 'Normal' need to be set to 'NO' to record on motion only.  Capture3_zpse66038c6.png

SnapAV's website http://www.snapav.com/p-943-wps-300-dvr-16ch.aspx

Archived