C4 Forums | Control4

Master Bedroom speaker placement for 2.1 sound field

dgbrown

Hoping to get some direction from the group here. We have a corner mounted 42" TV on an articulated mount in the bedroom. Listening is 80% TV and movies vs. 20% music. I'm looking to upgrade the sound in the master BR and am looking at either in-ceiling speakers or soundbar. 

For in ceilings speaker placement:

1) Left and right of the headboard positioned over the side tables ?

2) At the foot of the bed in line with the side tables ?

3) At the front wall of the bedroom ?

As for soundbars - does anyone have any experience with the Sonos soundbar ?

Thanks in advance !

Note: Wiring is not an issue.

Hoping to get some direction from the group here. We have a corner mounted 42" TV on an articulated mount in the bedroom. Listening is 80% TV and movies vs. 20% music. I'm looking to upgrade the sound in the master BR and am looking at either in-ceiling speakers or soundbar.

For in ceilings speaker placement:

1) Left and right of the headboard positioned over the side tables ?

2) At the foot of the bed in line with the side tables ?

3) At the front wall of the bedroom ?

As for soundbars - does anyone have any experience with the Sonos soundbar ?

Thanks in advance !

Note: Wiring is not an issue.

Don't know anything about Sonos but we just installed a James Loudspeaker SPL-39-LCR and it is great...

http://www.jamesloudspeaker.com/products/Speakers/sound-bars

I also have a corner-monted 42 in one of our guest bedrooms.  Speakers are in the ceiling almost at the foot of the bed and spaced a little further apart than "inline with side tables".  Subwoofer under the monitor.  Material is pumped through a Denon and levels set so voices appear to come from the TV during movies.  Music uses a different sound profile.  You could go with either #2 or 3 depending on in-ceiling or in-wall elements.

I won't recommend a soundbar. 

We use a VSX-51 Pioneer Elite with our SPL-39-LCR and the James EMB10 Series II Sub with James M1000 Sub Amp.

This is in our sitting room but would work in any room.

I would recommend the James Sound bar for any room.

If you have extra cash checkout the SPL-618-LCR.

I see where this is going but properly balanced 2 channel array will give the illusion of a center channel.  OP wants to know where to place ceiling speakers.  Sound bars are fugly.  I was forced to do one for my in-laws and was glad to walk away from that when it was done.

Archived