C4 Forums | Control4

Changing Inputs

Can you watch TV(weather channel) in your Family room, but listen to a song on the MC, in the family room? This may be a simple answer, but I have not been able to figure this one out.

I do have a C4 switch and a Shinnybow HD Vid switcher......so I would think you can change the vid and audio but I have no clue how to do this on the NAV?

Help?

Scott

Interesting question, I'd like to do this as well, but combining digital music with the closed circuit cameras so you could watch the baby cam but listen to something at the same time.

Dan, do you mean on the C4 remote? And wouldn't selecting digital audio then turn off the television? Or do you mean changing the video source using the vid switcher remote?

I have an Autopatch video matrix and I know I could use the remote to bring up digital audio and then manually switch the video source over to the TV, but it sounds like what you're talking about is a smoother way of doing it.

Another way (if the HD Switcher you're talking about is similar to the autopatch would be to program a custom button that just switches the video (not audio) on the matrix to the appropriate television source. Then you'd basically bring up weather channel, then bring up and start the audio, then press the custom button and you're left with the audio portion from digital music and the video portion from the cable box or Tivo (the weather channel).

I've always wondered if it would work, but another option would seem to be creating a new device that is bound to the video source from the television and the audio source from digital music, but I'm unsure whether that would work or not . . .

--Jason

Lets say your TV is already on and you're watching the show you want to see..You can then use a remote, MTS, TS, or Keypad but NOT the OSD to select music for that room. So long as that room has a seperate audio reciever and the music does not come through the TV, the TV will remain on and music will start. The downside to this is that you can no longer change the TV channel and if you press the TV button on the remote, the audio feed will stop.

Cool, just tried this and it works great! I thought switching to music would turn off the TV, but instead it works just as described. Thanks!

If you have a need or desire to change channels, you might be able to do the same thing I am doing to change cameras on our system, which is using a custom button (or in the case of TV 2 custom buttons) to change it. That does not seem to interrupt any music pathway.

Thanks for the info and for the further clarification!!

-Jason

Lets say your TV is already on and you're watching the show you want to see..You can then use a remote, MTS, TS, or Keypad but NOT the OSD to select music for that room. So long as that room has a seperate audio reciever and the music does not come through the TV, the TV will remain on and music will start. The downside to this is that you can no longer change the TV channel and if you press the TV button on the remote, the audio feed will stop.

Well i see what you mean BUT mine does not work that way. If I am watching TV in say family room and I use my remote to select a playlist it changes my TV channel to my Screensaver, of all the pictures I have loaded on my MC!

Shawn..........expect your phone to be ringing tomorrow /smile

Scott

Yep.......very easy. Just set it up in the navigator, on that TV.

When your in the NAV screen after a certain amount of time, it will flip over the the pictures you have as a screensaver.

This all can be programed in the C4 NAVAGATOR screen.

Each TV that has a HTC or MC can do this!!

Scott

Yep.......very easy. Just set it up in the navigator, on that TV.

When your in the NAV screen after a certain amount of time, it will flip over the the pictures you have as a screensaver.

This all can be programed in the C4 NAVAGATOR screen.

Each TV that has a HTC or MC can do this!!

Scott

How about that...worked perfectly...never thought to even look!

Archived