C4 Forums | Control4

viewing door status in the whole project and not just by room

punkrock

hi there... I'm curious if any of you guys have figured this out. It may be a really simple fix but i cant seem to get it.

In my project i have an upstairs and downstairs, with garage doors (with a contact relay) located in the downstairs living room area of the project. I would love to have the garage doors show up "global" when i press the house icon in the bedroom. (Much like the IP cameras, and thermostat do). I know that can "move" them to the bedroom, but still would like to be able to check them without havening to change rooms in navigator. The justification for adding them to the project was so we could be checking them on the touch screen late at nite from the bedroom.

In fact Id love to add the garage as a room to the downstairs and located this stuff in there for organizational reasons but when I did this i had to switch to the garage to check status.

Any trick to get something like this to show up in all rooms?

thanks

punkrock,

i was wanting to do the same thing. my dealer told me that reason IP cams and thermostats show up globally is because they are IP addressed. contacts and switches/dimmers must be assigned to a room. what i ended up doing is having a led go red if a garage is open. i would be interested if there is a way to have them show up on the house button.

tebery

Currently there is no way to have contacts and relays show up under multiple rooms.

IP Cameras appear in multiple because it made sense for them at the time to be available under all rooms, at the time contacts/relays was designed, it didn't appear to make as much sense to have them work that way, although it would certainly be nice.

They were looked at a lot more like lights, which it makes sense that you may wish to see the 'local' lights instead of all lights in the house on one screen.

RyanE

Currently there is no way to have contacts and relays show up under multiple rooms.

IP Cameras appear in multiple because it made sense for them at the time to be available under all rooms, at the time contacts/relays was designed, it didn't appear to make as much sense to have them work that way, although it would certainly be nice.

They were looked at a lot more like lights, which it makes sense that you may wish to see the 'local' lights instead of all lights in the house on one screen.

RyanE

wishlist item i guess.

Would be kewl to have the ability in composer to make an item global, or assigned to the room. I sort of think all "house" items by default should be global and then you choose to hide them by room. Just doesn't make organizational sense in composer to add the garage door to the bedroom, but to avoid having to switch rooms on a panel. So yes, right now i have a garage in my bedroom. :/

Yeah most don't use the panel in a bedrrom, but i find it much more useful than an alarm clock.

FYI Want I do on installs is set up a room just for security (doors/Windows/Motions etc) Than all you have to do is go to that one room and you see the whole house with whats open or closed.

Just an ideal for you.

Since the 1.3.2 release, room switches are much faster, so this isn't quite as painful, but having to go to a different room to see sensors is still pretty painful.

It is already a 'wishlist' item often requested, but I don't know when it'll be available.

RyanE

Archived