C4 Forums | Control4

Biometric - finger print reader and electric lock with Control4

fschaeffer

Has anyone integrated a fingerprint reader to Control4?

I'm looking for a separate fingerprint reader + eletric door lock (not the ones that are tight togeher in one piece) to install in front door and would like to be able to integrate into a future Control4 solution that I'm purchasing from a local dealer/installer here in Brazil.

I guess C4 has drivers for certain fingerprint readers out in the market, correct?

Regards

Control4 doesn't have a driver for a fingerprint reader, but our distributor in Brazil, DISAC, has made a driver for the BioCheck device, but I'm not sure if it's done or if it's released.

You'd have to contact them to find that out.

Boa sorte, amigo. Se tiver perguntas, responde.

RyanE

Ryan, thanks for the prompt reply. I will get in touch with DISAC.

In the meantime, can you point me to the right URL where I can find more information on the BioCheck device?

From googling on the net, it seems as though this is an Austrian company (www.biometrix.at) and BioCheck is rather a SW solution, as opposed to the fingerprint reader itself... Am I right?

Fernando

We have a customer who is putting a finger print reader INTO his alarm system - we're told it'll fully integrate with us, VIA the alarm... we're still months off before the install - but I'm interested to see how well this goes... I'll let ya know in a few months. :)

Archived