C4 Forums | Control4

alarm panel

c4hicks

i asked the question about an alarm panel the other day.I can get my hands on a dsc pc5010 control board  just want to make sure it will work with my control4 system there is a dsc1555  there also will ether one work

I dont know much, you can see in the troubleshooting I have another thread going but I have the PC5010.  I have most features I want up and running except getting the C4 touchscreens to read out a zone name, so if you leave a zone open, on the C4 panel it will say "NAME OF THE ZONE" instead of "Zone 01".  Otherwise it has worked fine.  People say its possible, just plugging along to try and figure out that last step.  With the PC5010 you'll need the IT-100 Module too.

yes i  my dealer said that there was a new virtual keypad  device out that  cost around $150 that will let me use all my wireless devices that i have now with my  cpi in touch  system so ether one of these boards will work he said that it would be smart to have a keypad hooked up also

dsc  pc5010

dsc pc1555

I was on the phone with C4 tech support last night - somehow my PC5010 has older firmware (they said DSC does not update firmware) and it won't work with the zone scrolling feature on the c4 touchscreen.  The rest of the features I need work.  YMMV - good luck.

I have 4 DSC keypads (one alpha numberical) just as safety/backup in case C4 has issues.  They are hidden in closets or other places.

Archived