C4 Forums | Control4

Programming with Kwikset Lock

Hello:

I read the article about programming Kwikset locks in Composer HE on C4DYI (http://www.c4diy.com/how-to-manage-access-codes-and-times-with-the-kwikset-lock-through-programming/).  However, my driver does not offer the options described in the article.  For instance, the article says that under the lock's programming tab, there is a drop down box (Device Specific Command) that provides a selection entitled "Set name, code."  However, when I am in ComposerHE, and I click on the lock's device specific command menu, and all I see is "Lock," "Unlock," "Toggle," "Sync Lock Date/Time," "Enable Lockout," and "Disable Lockout."

All I want to do is be able to add, delete and/or change the lock's passwords as described in the article above.  Any suggestions?  I know this sounds like a noob question, and perhaps it is, but I am not convinced that the driver is functioning properly in my system.  

All I know is that currently, under the Security tab, both of my Kwikset locks appear.  I can lock and unlock them from Control4.  I am running 2.5.3.

Please help.

Sounds like you have the newer version of the driver and not the one from 3 years ago when the article you are referencing was written.  Use the schedule function to lock users codes out so they can only unlock the lock on the set schedule.  This can be done from composer, or there is also a free app in the 4store.

I have the Kwikset lock app installed.  However, the app says that no devices are found in the project, which makes no sense because I can clearly control the locks.

I set a schedule (like the post described).  However, I do not know which action to use.  I presume it would be the "Lockout" action, but again, based on the limited options as described above, I do not understand how to add or remove users.

Archived