C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 device using high amount of Upload

Hello, just a quick question about this device. It is possible that this device would use a large amount of upload on my network. I've been ahving issues when with this device disconnected seems to fix the issue with my internet being bogged down. Is there a know software issue or bug with this? thanks in advanced

I Believe the model is the HC-800 Controller. We have the bell tv and change channels threw out devices, also have the apple tv pluged into it. Our ISP said this device is the one using high upload usage. and when we disconnected for a few days it was good, then pluged back it and issue came back. The device funtcitons fine but is killing the network

Yes, I just wanted to check see if it was possible bug and if there maybe as a software patch for it, but seems like no ones seen the issue before.

Do you have a firewall between your home network and your ISP?  What is your connection speed?  I can only think of two things and both involve no firewall.  1) The ISP is seeing broadcast traffic (but this shouldn't even be noticeable).  2) Someone found a relatively insecure linux box (your HC-800) controller and decided to use it for their own purposes...

Archived