C4 Forums | Control4

New to C4, after two months, lost link to wifi

I got a control 4 system installed in my new house a couple months ago. Worked fine but today the hc250 appears to have lost link to the wifi. The wifi light is red and there's no link like just the power light. And the system isn't working. Remote doesn't function, switches that activate home theater etc aren't working. Tried resetting internet router as well as the hc250 several times to no avail.

Any ideas or just get a service guy out here to get it back connected?

Is the HC-250 your primary controller or do you have an HC-800 (or other 250) serving as the primary controller running director?  Are you able to connect to wireless with your other devices?  Has the wireless SSID or password recently changed?

If you have a different controller serving as director, your SSID and password have not changed, and you are able to connect to wireless with other devices, then try this:

1) Unplug the HC-250 and your primary controller

2) Unplug the wireless router

3) Plug the wireless router back in and wait a few minutes for it to do its thing

4) Check to make sure you can connect to wireless from another device (e.g., your phone)

5) Plug the primary controller back in and wait 5 minutes or so

6) Plug the HC-250 back in, wait a few mins and see if it reconnects.

If this fails, then you'll need to call your dealer.  It's my understanding that the HC-250 needs to be plugged into a wired connection, then the settings changed in ComposerPro to tell it to communicate wirelessly.

Pretty sure the hc250 is the only controller.

And to my knowledge it's never been hooked up directly to my router, it's been set up wirelessly the entire time and as I said, worked flawlessly for the past two months.

Archived