C4 Forums | Control4

C4 & Visonic - Wireless Contacts And Powermax Security Systems

norvell

HI, HAS ANYONE TRIED OR KNOW IF THERE IS A DRIVER AROUND FOR THE VISONIC POWERMAX+ SECURITY SYSTEM, I HAVE THIS ALARM SYSTEM AS WELL AS A FEW WIRELESS MOTION SENSORS AND DOOR CONTACTS.

I TRIED TO CONNECT THEM BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESFUL.

ANY HELP ON THIS MATTER.

HERE IS THE PRODUCT INFO

http://www.visonic.com/VisonicHomePage.nsf/sysSystemDetailsActiveByName/PowerMaxplus?OpenDocument

THANKS.

• 2 years later...

Thanks Ryan, I'm new to this, what kind of effort would it take to write such a driver? Does Control4 offer such a service? Thinking of reselling both brands (Visonic and Control4). If so, connectivity between the two would be a must, so I should be able to arm/disarm the alarm via Control4 and use the wireless Visonic PIR detectors for lightning control etc.

Control4 has written quite a few drivers for security panels, but the biggest problem right now is getting it on the roadmap.

Right now, your best option to get something done would be to either do it yourself, or look to a 3rd-party to do that kind of work (Extra Vegetables, etc.).

Sorry.

RyanE

Oh, and for an example, you can look at the GE NetworX NX-587E driver. It's pretty straightforward and could be an example for a good programmer to understand what's involved, assuming the Visionic has a decent protocol.

RyanE

Archived