C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat CCZ T1 W - resetting problem HELP

Hi guys,

Please can you give me a advice. I bought C4 Thermostat second hand and inside is still setup or how you call mesh from previous network so now I am having problem to reset it, do you have any suggestion?
I know for Nuke the thermostat by pressing buttons as following 13L/4M/13L or 9L/4M/9L, but unfortunately no luck. 

Do you know some other way which Thermostat can be reseted.
Thank you in advance
Ivan

Hi guys,

so the problem solved by C4 dealer. So if someone will have same issue this is solution.

He uploaded old firmware, successfully reset.

Upgrade to latest firmware put in system and working in good order.

BR

Ivan

p.s. All this kind of tips and "tricks" help to C4 dealers to setup system much faster, so please guys always post it things like this.

Sometimes all we loose few hours to find solution which takes 5-10 minutes for setting up.

Had the same problem and one of my techs couldn't figure it out and gave up.  My current tech said it could be still on embernet.  So he hooked up his HC300 and upgraded the 2 thermostats which weren't hooking up to the system, and upgraded from embernet to a later version and worked.

I couldn't find the answer googling the net, but my current tech was successful in getting the thermostats to work.  Same thing with an SR250, couple of dimmers, and a couple of switches.  Just needs to be hooked up to the HC300 and upgraded from embernet to a more current version.

• 4 months later...

Anyone care to share the steps to force upload a specific firmware version to a device?  Can it be done from within ComposerPro -> Network Tools (I've never seen such a menu)?  Is it a separate utility?  Or is it done from the Home Controller logged in to the CLI?  I see the firmware blobs in /control4/firmware and the configuration files.  There is a check - the home controller won't replace firmware on a device with older firmware, only if the firmware is newer.  I have a used thermostat with newer firmware (version 3.24.35 - I assume from OS version 2.6) than what I have on my HC (version 3.11.20 - OS 2.2.4).  It's working fine but Control4 wants everything to be in sync.  Wondering if I need to worry about this, and if so, how to downgrade the firmware.

Or conversely, if all Control4 firmware is backwards compatible, should I get the new firmware from a 2.6 package and just let the controller update the old thermostat firmware to the new?  Actually this question would apply to everything.  Should I use the latest firmware or stick with what ships with the version of the OS I am using?

Not interested in updating the OS to > 2.2.4 at this time.  Everything works splendidly, and if it ain't broke...  ... take it apart and mess with it until it is then you can justify buying the new version :)

Archived