C4 Forums | Control4

Dimmer cannot be controlled thru navigators.

Guys anyone have any ideas on this,

I have just installed my first dimmer. I have added the driver to the room (dimmer LDZ-101) and I am able to "identify" the dimmer under connections - network with no problem. The dimmer now shows up under all of the navigators (TV and remotes). Local control at the dimmer works the light no problem and I made sure the load and the hot wires are wired properly. The problem I have is when I go to a navigator to control the light it does not work, no control. The same goes for if I double click the driver in composer and get the control screen, no response from the dimmer? Any ideas?

Your dimmer may be on the wrong Zigbee channel.

If not, it sounds like you may have a dimmer with a bad Zigbee radio. If you are a Control4 dealer, you should be able to RMA it after calling Tech Support.

If you bought it on eBay, you might have a nice non-controllable dimmer.

RyanE

Interestingly, I logged on tonight to post almost the exact same question. I have a dimmer that I can control at the wall, and which interestingly DISPLAYS its status in navigator correctly. That is, when I use the wall switch to turn it on partway, the remote control goes from showing 0% to 40%. But when I try to turn it on or off from the remote, nothing happens.

When my dealer logs in with Composer, this is what shows up in the system design:

networksn7.jpg

I checked the Zigbee channel with the 7-4-7 sequence, and it is channel 14, same as the rest of the system.

So can a dimmer have Zigbee transmitting working, but not receiving? Is there anything else I can try to get it working? Or is it an RMA?

Thanks!

--Jason

Yes, I had one of the dimmers from the first batch I put in my house go out that way.

Radio would transmit but not receive, or vice-versa, I don't remember.

RyanE

And the answer was RMA? There weren't any other steps that would reset it?

--Jason

If your radio is bad, it's a *hardware* issue, so yes, in my case, the answer was RMA. One of them, I swapped the radio board, but as you don't likely have access to radio boards, RMA is the answer.

RyanE

If your radio is bad, it's a *hardware* issue, so yes, in my case, the answer was RMA. One of them, I swapped the radio board, but as you don't likely have access to radio boards, RMA is the answer.

RyanE

<checks pockets> Nope, no radio boards here. Calling my dealer :D

Thanks for the help, Ryan!

Well what do you guys think of this? If I program any button pushes on the dimmer I asked about on the first post it works great. I still however can not control the light. I can for example program "If bottom button is pushed play X Mp3 and no problem. By the way just as JBS posted I never see the channel, gateway etc. when I view the switch.

Archived