C4 Forums | Control4

Capturing DSC alarm bypass state to trigger a variable change

I am having difficulties programing a configurable keypad’s LED colors as an indicator to turn red if the interior garage door’s zone is Armed in Stay mode, or turn to green if bypassed, or when the system is in Disarmed mode.  How should I capture a zone’s bypass status change to trigger a variable change? Alarm system is DSC 1864, keypads are DSC PTK5507 Touchscreens. (DSC 1864 is connected to an HC800 through an IT100, bi-directional serial communication works perfectly.)

Composer's “Last serial command received” under “Serial debug” doesn’t seem to recognize the security zone bypass commands. Any workaround?

Go into the programming tab.

On the left pane click security system

the radio button options will be "if in alarm state", "if in away state", "if in stay state" "if in disarm state: or "if in trouble state" i believe

click on "if in away state"

then on the right pane pick the keypad and program what you want color wise

If alarm in away state

> garage keypad top LED black

> garage keypad bottom LED RED

If in disarm state

> garage keypad top LED black

> garage keypad bottom LED Green

That is basically what I did.  went into each state, and programmed the top and bottom LED for each state.

as the alarm goes in/out of the various states, your keypads will change colors.

I can send a screen shot tomorrow, not at the computer with my Composer Software

Thanks eggzlot for your quick reply. Let me explain once again what I want to achieve. Basically a visual indication if I can open the garage door without tripping the alarm.

(1) When system is armed in STAY mode --> turn LED RED

(2) When system is armed in STAY mode AND garage door contact sensor is BYPASSED --> turn LED GREEN.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Archived