C4 Forums | Control4

Problem with Delay not being consistent

I have a very simple wakeup scene for my wife. It simply plays her playlist. I then have the scheduler set for 6:15AM M-F. The code starts the wakeup scene in the bathroom at the correct volume each morning, does a delay for 90 minutes, then stops. Nothing fancy but for some reason about 1 out of every 3 or 4 days the scene stops after about 30 minutes instead of 90. The only thing I can think of is maybe a particular song in her playlist, which is on random play, is causing it to bomb out. I'll need to chang out her entire list though to see if that's the problem. Any other ideas?

take it off shuffle. If it bombs out twice at the same point, you've found your culprit. If the playlist is greater than 90 minutes, then each night delete all the songs it made it's way through successfully, and start again the next morning.

If the playlist is *really* long, you could just leave it playing in a room with volume on zero and check back every now and then for whether it's still playing, and narrow it down that way.

--Jason

Archived