C4 Forums | Control4

How do I obtain Composer HE?

jjmock2

I'm a new user, bought a house with the system already installed. All my dealer seems to be interested in is service calls and $$$. How do I obtain Composer HE? I'm not sure if I would use it fully, but I would like to try iit.

You purchase it through a dealer, but if your dealer is not helping you out I know that there are dealers on this board who have worked with remote clients, and I suspect one of them could sell you the software and also provide services in the future.

If you post what area you're in you might also find a dealer who is local and more helpful than your current one.

Composer HE is great. Awesome to be able to tweak your system on your own time!

--Jason

Just let one of us know!!

I always advise the customer to at least try with current dealer or in your case the dealer who installed the system.

If you are not getting satisfaction from your dealer, there is always another.

Good Luck

I just had my 500 set up 2 days ago and plan to get the composer HE and 4sight internet services. i am sure the dealer has access but does not return customer calls. Can any other dealer help me. I stay in Edmonton, alberta, canada

I just had my 500 set up 2 days ago and plan to get the composer HE and 4sight internet services. i am sure the dealer has access but does not return customer calls. Can any other dealer help me. I stay in Edmonton, alberta, canada

Yes, Any Dealer can assist you with this.. If your dealer does not return your calls please let another dealer here know.. I think we can use some peer pressure;)

• 1 month later...

I am in the same boat - dealer is so busy they won't even come by - the last time they did they made a change and now I can not even access my music. He set the path for the location of the music and now when I hit scan nothing shows up - I put all my mp3s in the file it is supposed to be pointing to but no go ... how can I get this rectified?

Call your dealer and have him come out and fix it ckmic. If not - find a new dealer! If you still have trouble after that, feel free to give me, or one of the other dealers in these forums a call, as long as you have remote access (4Sight) we should be able to help you out remotely.

Hi, I am in the same boat. I asked my dealer that I wanted to get it and they told me to contact Control 4 directly. Well, I left several messages and emails and no calls/replies.

I would love to be able to do some things on my own instead of the trip charges out. I am not asking for it free but just want the opportunity to get it.

Anyway, if any of you have any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

Paul

Paul - end users can not contact Control4 directly - they are a wholesale source only... your dealer needs to be contacted to fix any problems you have. If your dealer is unresponsive, I suggest going to Control4's web site and searching for a new dealer in your area. If that is not an option, as I already mentioned above, there are a few good dealers here in these forums that would be more than willing to take over and help you out remotely. That does require that you have a 4Sight account (of which, a dealer can sell you if you do not already have one).

As for reporting bad dealers back to Control4, I'd love to say do ________... but I am not aware of any way to do that. :) I would say avoid them, and eventually they'll die off... Control4 has de-authorized a great deal of Control4 dealers and will continue to do so... this past year they started revisiting each dealer that had previously been authorized and were evaluating the continued relationship with them. I would hope that this would weed out a good deal of the "bad apples".

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the reply. The only reason I contacted Control 4 directly was that my dealer told me to do so. I will try and ask again but I know they are going to give me the runaround (I have been asking since July '07). This forum really seems helpful and I have been spending a lot of time on here learning and I look forward to reading more.

I think it's great how everybody helps out on here. Thanks again.

Paul - find a new dealer! :)

As Control4 will not call you back - sorry.... and your current dealer should know this - as it's STRESSED to them during training, sales pitches etc... etc... that THEY - the DEALER - is the front line support for customers... period.

Outside of that - these forums are great for those "DO IT YOURSELFERS"... :)

Shawn,

Thanks for the advice, I really do think I need a new dealer. I had the company come over today to tweak some settings on a different remote (Universa0) and asked the guy why his company did not come up on the Dealer Locator on Control 4's website.

He said that Control 4 is getting goofy and wants to sell software that the consumer can use and he said it's hard enough to program as a trained and certified dealer and they feel that Control 4 is going in the wrong direction.

I told him that I think it's great that they are doing it. The Dealers aren't going out of the loop as we need guys like you to set all this up and still do the heavy duty stuff. He said he felt that they don't want the Dealers anymore. As you can tell, his statement sounded like he had no clue.

Anyway, thanks for your help and thanks to all the dealers that make this site great.

Yeah - I agree... I think the guy isn't on top of things.

Composer HE has been around for well over a year now (almost 2)... and it's what he's talking about. It still requires a dealer to do the initial installation - but after that, it allows the home owner to make tweaks etc... for themselves. It IS NOT for 95% of the installs we do - as most people do NOT want to do that. It's targeted at that 5% that do...

Personally - I don't mind it - as my customers call me all the time with questions on how to do things, and we bill for that support.

Archived