C4 Forums | Control4

Keypad audio control

Looking for the best way to solve this issue.

client has C4 6 button keypads, he's using a button (1 press, 2 press, 3 press) for Tunein presets...  works great for one room, but the minute another room activates, C4 turns off the initial steam and zone and turns on the second room.  I realize that is the correct action given the current programming, but am looking for some programming logic to make that second room join the active stream instead of closing out the room.

Just though someone has probably done it somewhere.

Thanks,

Mike

partially, if the a Tunein stream is active, I'd like it to join, but if it there is not an active stream, the button press will need to initiate the stream for that zone.  Just do not want it to turn off an existing stream

right not, they've got only an HC-250, so there's only one stream available to the amp.  unless there's a better option, it will have to be treated like an FM tuner... if someone changes the channel, well, that's what you've got.  again, unless you've got a work around

The reason I asked was I think you will have to set variables. And use variables to track. So when stream is on in room 1 set variable tuneinplaying to true. Then on your code for room 2 if tineinplaying is true, join the stream vs play. Then do the reverse for room 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived