C4 Forums | Control4

Question from a homebuilder

Allan

I build custom homes. I've been using Vantage Control Systems for a few yars, and I'm considering switching to Control4, primarily because of price. Any feedback regarding a comparison of the 2 systems?

check out a local showroom. It really is something you should see and well, for lack of a better word, "play" with...And then, make your own decision....opinions on lighting and control systems are like, you know...everyone has one :)

I build custom homes. I've been using Vantage Control Systems for a few yars, and I'm considering switching to Control4, primarily because of price. Any feedback regarding a comparison of the 2 systems?

Cost Effective is only a small portion of the Advantages with switching to Control 4.

I can only talk about Control4, since I am not familiar with the Vantage products.

1- Ease of programming. For lighting control, can be programmed in under 3 hours (as K&J said, cost effective)

2- Versatile. Keypads, Switches and Dimmers can be used for other purposes (activate security, turn theater on, sprinkle the lawn, open the garage door, etc.)

3- Feedback. Led on the products could turn to almost any color and provide a feedback (have all the lights blink red when the smoke detector senses smoke and flash all the lights to indicate panic)

4- Price. Very affordable and should provide a comfortable margin for you (as an upgrade) and the dealer.

5- Elegance. Very Good looking items. Could be part of any mansion or luxurious house. Look and feel Hi-Tech.

6- Satisfaction. Satisfaction guaranteed. (sound cheesy but true).

7- Expandable System could easily be expanded to whole house automation.

There is lot more to Control4 lighting than what I have highlighted.

Michelo...

Allan, Just in case you did not see it, there is a pdf link in my first post that you can print and use that as well.. Good Luck.

Thanks for the responses. Technology in new homes is difficult for builders to deal with. There's the learning part, staying up on latest technology and products, trying to figure out what buyers really want and will pay for, the costs of installation, and finding good installers and subs.

I embraced Vantage about 6 years ago, but every home I do costs anywhere from $40k-$75k for their package. Control 4 is about half that cost, I'm just trying to determine what it will do versas Vantage.

Allan

Thanks for the responses. Technology in new homes is difficult for builders to deal with. There's the learning part, staying up on latest technology and products, trying to figure out what buyers really want and will pay for, the costs of installation, and finding good installers and subs.

I embraced Vantage about 6 years ago, but every home I do costs anywhere from $40k-$75k for their package. Control 4 is about half that cost, I'm just trying to determine what it will do versas Vantage.

Allan

I would be willing to send you a DVD and Brochure if interested.. Depending on your area I'm sure there is a Dealer near you.

Allan

Hi Allan,

Have you looked at RTI?

Archived