C4 Forums | Control4

Audio Source and Play/Stop

On one button of a Keypad on a Patio that I am trying to simply select Sonos as the source and also select PLAY

on press.I can get that to work no problem via

On press

Select Sonos as Source in Front Patio

Send Command "Play" to Front Patio

On the next press (since Sonos is now playing) I want it to Stop..cant figure that out

This button is for IF guests come over and want a simple button to start some music, with ZERO interactivity beyond that...

Weird but customers request...

In device actions, click on the room, you have all the commands available such as 'stop'. If you can 'stop' using the remote then this command will work.

Can you tell me more on this request 'ZERO interactivity beyond that'? Do you only want a certain type of music and then turn off the house/other rooms?

Matt

After my Play command I can just add also a stop command? No ifs in between?

The home owner simply wants a button that a guest would hit and start Sonos which would also start playing the last source

which is a radio station..thats it, except they can adjust volume with up/down buttons...

one the second press, it runs off this one room.Its the only room they can do that in via a keypad..

Change your programming to...

If room is on

>Turn off room

>Stop

Select sonos

Play sonos

This will first check if the room is on, if it is it will turn it off. If it's not on it'll start sonos.

Change your programming to...

If room is on

>Turn off room

>Stop

Select sonos

Play sonos

This will first check if the room is on, if it is it will turn it off. If it's not on it'll start sonos.

This did not work...

I had to start the music by hitting Play from a touchscreen to get it to play...then one keypad button it stopped it..but would not start again..

Archived