C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless Lighting with No Return to In-wall Dimmer Switch

Hi,

I currently have 4 circuits which return to 4 switches on 2 plates in my extension (not on C4 yet). I want to install another 3 wireless circuits and replace my 2 plates with 2 wireless C4 scene controllers (so 7 wireless circuits, 2 scene dimmers, no in wall dimmers). 

Does C4 have any inline dimmers that would allow me to do this? It would need to just havr the mains connection and have zigbee communications with the HC and also the scene controller? Is this possible?

It would be the equivalent of the Loxone Nano io Air - http://shop.loxone.com/enuk/nano-io-air.html 

Reason for the request is that a) I dont want to chase the new circuits and B) want scene control but c) dont want 7 different light switches.

I am not sure if this is something the puck dimmers do? Are they still available?

Apologies if I am totally confused!

Thanks,

Wayne

• 2 weeks later...

I think I confused people with this! I have since figured out that the previous in line dimmers support what I am trying to do in conjunction with keypads. However, do we know why Control4 have dropped the inline dimmers like the LDZ-IL51-B and the puck? They don't seem to appear in any of the current catalogues etc

Archived