C4 Forums | Control4

HC300 add to a project that has a HC250

mangel9

goodnight Yours sincerely

and I have in my project, a HC250 buy him a dealer, but I buy online at amazon one HC300, which I can use in any way in my project, I wonder if it is useful to add to my project or not

Thank you for your valuable guidance :wacko:

You can add it as a slave controller to your project.  It can be used to control a different room or just to give you extra IR and serial connections.  The main downside is if you use the on screen navigator on the HC300 it will be slower than on the HC250.  

then to use it as a slave in a master bedroom could add a home theater and a dune 3D and smart TV as my main HC250 have what the room with other devices, or the whole project would be very slow

and this can make the dealer or myself could do it and configure

I apologize for my English translation, I only speak Spanish

Thanks again

It won't slow down the project at all. If you use the onscreen navigator on the HC-300 e.g. pressing red Control4 button on an SR-250 remote in a room where the HC-300 is connected to a TV, the navigation and overall responsiveness will be slower than in a room where the HC-250 is providing onscreen navigator. Using the HC-300 just for IR or serial control will make no difference to performance.

Archived